Personal Information Protection Policy
Japan NPO Center is committed to protecting personal information, following the policy outlined below.
- Based on the principle of respecting the personality of the individual, we treat all personal information cautiously and in accordance with all applicable laws in every aspect of our programs and services.
- We obtain personal information through proper means and in accordance with all applicable laws.
- To the best of our ability, we specify the purposes for which we use personal information, and only use such information for the specified purposes unless otherwise provided by law.
- We disclose the purposes for which we use personal information on our website, and through other proper means upon your request. Should there be any changes in the purposes for which we use your personal information, we will inform you directly and also through our website.
- We do not disclose your personal data to third parties without your prior consent unless otherwise provided by law.
- We keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date, and take necessary and proper measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage.
- We will respond promptly to requests from you about disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, stoppage of use, or stoppage of disclosure to third parties concerning your retained personal data.
- We will respond properly and promptly to your complaints to us concerning the treatment of your personal information.
- We take proper control measure to protect personal information, and make an effort to raise awareness of protecting personal information among board and staff members. If we outsource the handling of personal information, we will supervise the outsourcing contractor to ensure proper control measures.
- In order to implement this policy, we will set forth personal information protection regulations, inform and educate board and staff members, and ensure its execution.
Personal Information Protection Officer
Managing Director of the Japan NPO Center
May 17, 2005